Maybe you are dreaming of a cleaner body? It might take a chunk of time, but you will get back to your best version.
Want to know how? Detox flow yoga! Yes, it's the best detoxifying practice that will invite you to the eco-friendly yoga mat and eliminate the harmful chemical from the body.
Every day your body gets exposed to harmful chemicals or toxins, either through the food, air, or some other products.
Negative or repressed thoughts and emotions are also as injurious as a sedentary lifestyle and an unhealthy diet. Detox flow yoga helps you to eliminate the physical and mental impurities from your body and allows you to achieve overall wellbeing.
Here in this yoga blog, we are going to explore detox flow yoga; its sequences and nourishing benefits for the body from the inside out.
Well, fall into the routine of detox flow yoga practice and empower yourself!
What is detox flow yoga?
A forceful and energetic practice in a hot room emphasizes the digestive system to detoxify the body.
It involves sequences of poses such as bends, twists, stretches, etc. Such postures massage the gastrointestinal organs and eliminate the detrimental elements from the human body. Detox flow also includes yoga chants, meditations, and some pranayama.
It is perfect for the students who have ever practiced vinyasa yoga and are looking to experience something more challenging and tough.
Note: The room temperature must be kept around 35-38 °C.
How detoxification occurs?
Three crucial systems play an important role in detoxification in the human body. The systems are lymphatic, digestive, and circulatory.
The lymphatic system majorly collects the fluid from the entire body and transfers it to the lymph nodes where the harmful chemicals and products are removed. Alternatively, the lymphatic fluid enters the bloodstream.
The digestive system separates the essential nutrients of your food from the waste and removes the unwanted components out of the body.
The circulatory system pumps the blood throughout the entire body, transports the oxygen, and moves away from the cells' harmful components.
All these systems work well on their own. They keep the body away from stressful situations and fulfill the nutrient requirement. Yoga is a trick that assists the body to accomplish detoxing functions naturally. Embrace this ideal companion.
Detox Flow Yoga Sequences and Their Benefits
The lack of adequate exercise and an unhealthy diet reboot the body's detox system in stressful circumstances.
You always don't have to follow a rigorous diet to detox your body. Instead, some simple yoga poses or asana can energize you and clear your body.
Let's have a look at some of the detox yoga poses.
1. Revolved chair pose – Parivrtta Utkatasana
• Stand on your eco friendly yoga mat with your hip wide apart and feet closer to one another.
• Put your hands straight on the hips and move your pelvic forward with a slope on the tailbone.
• Allow your knees to bend forward and rotate so that the left elbow touches against the right thigh.
• Let your hands in the prayer position.
• Moreover, put the blocks among your thighs to increase the intensity.
• Hold your position for 3 to 5 breaths and repeat the same for the other side.
It improves posture through a healthy spine or vertebrae. Revolved chair pose triggers the GIT (gastrointestinal tract), liver, and spleen, which tones the abdomen and enhances the elimination process.
2. Side crow pose – Parsva Bakasana
• Sit on your heels with the knees joined together, and to maintain the balance, put the fingertips on the ground.
• Twist rightward and hook out your right elbow from the left thigh.
• Here, breathe deeply to get comfortable, then put hands shoulder wide apart on the floor. Energetically press into your fingertips and bend elbows in a way that they reach towards the midline.
• Keep your gaze in the forward direction. Eventually, your feet will move up from the yoga rug.
• Breathe in and out five times and repeat the same for the other side.
This detox flow yoga pose stretches the upper back and lower body from the groin region. The twisting of the torso muscles massages the abdomen, which enhances digestion and improves the detoxification process.
3. Downward facing dog pose – Adho Mukha Svanasana.
• Stand on your yoga rug and raise your right leg into a down dog position to start the downward Facing Dog Pose.
• Exhale and move forward in the plank pose by taking your right knee towards the belly.
• Move back to the down dog split and exhale to pull your right knee into the right elbow.
• Breathe 3 to 5 times and repeat the same for the other side.
Lifting your leg and holding the head beneath the heart improves blood circulation. It also transfers the intracellular fluid towards the lymph nodes.
Downward facing dog pose increases the internal heat, which improves the core muscles. This relaxing pose of detox flow yoga releases the stress and helps in metal detox.
4. Revolved Lunge Pose - Parivrtta Anjaneyasana
• Hold the mountain pose on your eco-friendly yoga mat. Then fold into the standing forward pose.
• Bend your knees and put the hands-on yoga rug by keeping your feet outward.
• Step back your left foot with the right knee in the bend position and right shin in the vertical position.
• Allow your left knee to come to the ground. Lift the torso muscles upright with the extension of your arms in an upward position.
• Bring your hands towards your chest and slowly twist to the right side. Move the left elbow outward.
• Hold your position for 3 to 5 breaths and switch sides.
This flow yoga pose opens up the shoulders, lungs, and chest. It improves lung capacity and stretches the entire body.
The digestion and circulation process improves, which aids in the physical detoxification.
For centuries Chinese and ayurvedic traditional medicines are practiced to stimulate the detoxification system and cleanse the entire body.
The poses of detox flow yoga, similar to the vinyasa yoga, had helped the yogis to immerse into the beautiful fusion of their mind, body, and spirit.
Let's detoxify your body, restore the vitality of your life, and show up fully to reach the highest point in the world.